Saskatchewan - North West

Chakastapaysin

Chakastaypasin Band refers to the people who signed Treaty 6 with Chief Chakastaypasin in 1876 and were the owners of IR 98 on the south branch of the Saskatchewan River, approximately 50 kilometers west of IR 100A. The Band was scattered following the 1885 North-West Rebellion, its members dispersed to other reserves and the Chakastaypasin paylist discontinued in 1889. Most Chakastaypasin members moved to Cumberland IR 100A, where they were known as either the Chakastaypasin Band or Big Head’s Band until 1896.